From Wikipedia: Flash fiction is a style of fictional literature or fiction of extreme brevity. There is no widely accepted definition of the length of the category. Some self-described markets for flash fiction impose caps as low as three hundred words, while others consider stories as long as a thousand words to be flash fiction.
In one particular format, established by Steve Moss, Editor of the New Times, the requirement is 55 words; no more and no fewer.
So for argument’s sake, let’s just say that flash fiction is 1,000 WORDS OR LESS.
1. You may post your own flash fiction/micro fiction or that of another writer. If it's someone else's work you must put the title and author in the subject line, and post the source of where you found this piece of writing. So if you found it online, post the link after the story. If it's from a book, magazine, whatever else, put the name of said book, magazine after the story. If it's your own writing then feel free to do whatever you want with it.
2. Be nice and civil to each other.
3. Anything longer than 500 words must be put behind a cut tag. Since some might argue more than 500 is too long for flash fiction, just cut-tag it. It's okay if you go over 1,000 words by a few but please try to keep it to 1,000 or less. 5-10 extra words is okay but seriously, try. HERE IS A HANDY DANDY WORD COUNT TOOL, SO PLEASE USE IT!
4. If your story has explicit adult content please either put it behind a cut-tag that clearly states that this is NSFW, or adults only, or whatever, and lock the post to members only.
5. Be as creative as you want and have fun! All genres are welcome, that includes prose poetry, BUT NOT SIMPLY POETRY.
6. NO ADVERTIZING OF ANY KIND.